1. Choose a verse or two (no more than 3) that you feel speak to you at this particular time of your life.
2. Have a small spiral notebook you use SPECIFICALLY for ETB Memorization Moments. First thing in the morning, write the date, then handwrite your scripture in the notebook. (I have been doing this for a while now, and it brings me comfort to turn back through the pages and see the dates and the scriptures and the little notes I have made about what God has spoken to me that day through them.)
3. Record yourself reading the scripture on your smartphone or a recording device.
4. Set timers on your smartphone to alarm 6 more times in the day (usually 2-3 hours apart). Including your morning time, that will make 7 times a day you listen to/recite your scripture passage.
5. When the alarms sound, listen to the scripture you are memorizing 3 times. By the end of the day, you will have handwritten the scripture once and listened to it 21 times.
6. By the end of the first week, you should be able to say much of the scripture from memory. When the alarm sounds, try to say the reference, then the scripture from memory as much as you can before listening to it on your smartphone.
7. At the beginning of the second week, try to handwrite your scripture from memory without looking back at your previous entries.
8. By the end of the 2-week period, you should be able to say and handwrite your scripture totally from memory.
By following this process, you will have committed 26 different scripture passages to memory in one year.